Empoli – Salernitana Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 08.05.2023
⚽ Empoli – Salernitana Predictions
Empoli – Salernitana Predictions and Tips and Odds for May 8, 17:30 SERIE A.
Empoli – Salernitana Preview
- Empoli were the beneficiaries of a bizarre goal inside the first minute which set them up for a 3-1 win over Bologna on Thursday, a victory that gave them an eight-point cushion over the Serie A (SA) relegation zone ahead of this round. Coach Paolo Zanetti was impressed with his squad’s ability to overcome the negativity of their dire form of late (W1, D1, L7), a run that included three consecutive defeats prior to their victory on Thursday.
- Zanetti also said his side have “an obligation to play a great game” as they get ready to play Salernitana, who they are level on points with, as they look to ensure mathematical safety from the drop. Playing at the Carlo Castellani Stadium gives them a fair chance to take a big step towards that, having lost only three times across ten SA home games (W5, D2), two of which were against current top-four sides.
- Salernitana prepared for this trip with a thrilling 3-3 draw against Fiorentina that saw Boulaye Dia score a hat-trick, with that triple making him the club’s top scorer in a single top-flight season with 15 goals. The Granata are now unbeaten in ten matches (W2, D8), with only Manchester City enjoying a better such streak in Europe’s top-five leagues. Little wonder then that manager Paulo Sousa’s contract extension is a talking point at the club, although the main focus remains securing their SA safety.
- Salernitana have been a stubborn side on their travels, notching up five consecutive away league draws which include fixtures against AC Milan and Napoli. They have come a long way since losing 8-2 at Atalanta in January in what was the club’s joint-heaviest top-flight defeat, never conceding more than a goal across the next seven road trips.
- Players to watch: Răzvan Marin assisted twice in the last game, making him the first Empoli player to do so in top-flight since May 2019. Meanwhile, a goal from Lassana Coulibaly could be good news for Salernitana, with his last two strikes ending in 3-0 league wins.
- Hot stat: Nearly a third of Empoli’s SA goals this season have been conceded beyond the 80th minute.
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 34
Empoli – Salernitana
Kick-off: May 8, 17:30
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE