Empoli – Spezia Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 09.04.2022
⚽ Empoli – Spezia Predictions
Empoli – Spezia Tips and Odds for April 9,14:00 ITALY: SERIE A.
Empoli – Spezia Preview
- A narrow 1-0 loss to Fiorentina in the Derby dell’Arno last time out extended Empoli’s winless Serie A (SA) run to 14 matches (D7, L7), a streak that’s both the current longest winless run in the top-flight and also their worst in SA since March 1999. This streak incidentally started with a 1-1 draw (both own goals) against Spezia who lurk just a point behind the hosts ahead of this clash.
- Empoli’s chances of consecutive top-flight campaigns still looks favourable though, but a loss here will push them closer to the bottom-three and ensure a nervous final six league outings, especially as they are still to play three current top-seven sides. A return to the Stadio Artemio Franchi may bring more anxiety as Empoli have won only two points across their prior six SA home games, but encounters here remain entertaining, with Empoli witnessing a league-high average of 4.07 goals per SA home match.
- Spezia’s SA away games are equally as entertaining with their per game total goal average (3.31) bettered only by three sides. That doesn’t change the mandate for Spezia who have lost three SA away games on the bounce, with the last – a 4-1 loss at Sassuolo – seeing them concede three times after half-time.
- The overall picture is a lot brighter though for Spezia, after a dramatic late winner in their last league game (1-0) made it two wins across three SA games. As they look to better their points tally from their debut campaign last season (39) and survive the drop again, any win here may prove to be an edge-of-the-seat affair for visiting fans as eight of Spezia’s nine SA wins this campaign have come via a single-goal margin – five ending 1-0.
- Players to watch: Empoli’s Nedim Bajrami has scored four of his last five SA goals at home with all five matches producing at least four goals. Meanwhile, Daniele Verde has been Spezia’s final scorer with each of his last six SA goals, four coming on the road.
- Hot stat: Empoli have trailed at half-time in a league-high 11 of their 15 SA home games this campaign.
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 32
Empoli – Spezia
Kick-off: April 9, 14:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE