Espanyol – Cadiz CF Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 21.04.2023
⚽ Espanyol – Cadiz CF Predictions
Espanyol – Cadiz CF Predictions and Tips and Odds for April 21, 20:00 LALIGA.
Espanyol – Cadiz CF Preview
- Eight La Liga (LL) games will remain for both Espanyol and Cádiz following this important relegation battle, so neither will see this fixture as make or break. However, Espanyol will be desperate to snap their run of six consecutive losses – the worst active run in the division – if they’re to build some confidence that they can avoid following Elche into Segunda División next season.
- If Espanyol cannot take advantage of their three upcoming home clashes with current bottom-six opposition to survive the drop, then it’s hard to argue that relegation wouldn’t be deserving for the home side. An attacking unit that has contributed to goals in 15 consecutive LL games can hardly be faulted, instead, it’s the defence that has conceded in 12 separate halves of football since their last clean sheet at Elche in February (W1, L6) that is proving their Achilles’ heel.
- Cádiz are four points ahead of Espanyol and subsequently the drop zone, and with just two of their remaining fixtures to take place against current top-eight opposition, they have a run to the season end that on current form should see them take their place in next season’s top-flight. Five of their last six LL points were earned away from home, including a vital 2-0 win over Betis in their previous away trip.
- Given Espanyol’s defensive woes, manager Sergio should be confident of continuing his own record of teams managed by him having scored in every single one of his meetings against former employer Espanyol (W2, D3, L1), particularly as current outfit Cádiz also scored in all but one LL match against clubs currently ranked 14th or lower this season (W2, D6).
- Players to watch: Following his brace in the previous H2H, Espanyol forward Joselu has scored in all seven of his appearances against Cádiz for a total of ten goals! The visitors will be hoping for more from Rubén Alcaraz, who has now opened the scoring in two LL away wins for Cádiz.
- Hot stat: There has been a total of just one first-half goal scored across Cádiz’s last seven LL games (compared with 12 after half-time).
SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 30
Espanyol – Cadiz CF
Kick-off: April 21, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE