FC Copenhagen – Sevilla Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 14.09.2022
⚽ FC Copenhagen – Sevilla Predictions
FC Copenhagen – Sevilla Predictions and Tips and Odds for September 14, 20:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.
FC Copenhagen – Sevilla Preview
- Having declared prior to the match that “these evenings are the reason” he joined Copenhagen, manager Jess Thorup would have been bitterly disappointed with his UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage debut after a 3-0 away loss to Dortmund was marred by crowd conflict and a comprehensive domination at the hands of the Germans. The pressure is now on Thorup and his players after a Superliga loss at Odense (2-1) was their third defeat from four games across all competitions.
- The home fans will need to be on their best behaviour to help their club continue to make the step up from UEFA’s third-tier Conference League (UECL) last season to their first UCL group stage since 2016/17, where they did not concede a single goal at home in that group stage (W1, D2) nor the preliminary rounds prior to it (W3). But the inconsistency that plagues Thorup’s tenure has even penetrated their Parken fortress, highlighted by three losses as favourites from their last eight competitive home outings.
- Sevilla manager Julen Lopetegui cannot afford any sympathy for Thorup after his bosses met last week to discuss his immediate future, only to grant the 2019/20 Europa League (UEL) winner a stay of execution prior to a streaky and nerve wracking 3-2 away win at Espanyol. Whilst the desperately needed league points would be a welcome relief, there was minimal progression for a defence that has conceded 2+ goals in five of its six outings in all competitions (W1, D1, L4).
- Their task was already difficult enough after they were routed by Manchester City in the UCL’s opening matchday (0-4), particularly considering their appalling travelling form in two separate European competitions last season. Sevilla failed to score from open play let alone secure a single victory in either the 2021/22 UCL or UEL from five attempts (D2, L3), even despite beginning four times as pre-match favourites (D2, L2), underlining the immediate pressure that Lopetegui faces.
- Players to watch: Copenhagen need inspiration from midfielder Viktor Claesson, who has scored goals in their last three wins across all competitions. Sevilla will similarly be looking to Ivan Rakitić, who scored in three continental appearances last season.
- Hot stat: All but one of Copenhagen’s last seven UEFA fixtures saw the half-time result replicated at the final whistle.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2
FC Copenhagen – Sevilla
Kick-off: September 14, 20:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals