FC Copenhagen – Trabzonspor Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 16.08.2022
⚽ FC Copenhagen – Trabzonspor Predictions
FC Copenhagen – Trabzonspor Predictions and Tips and Odds for August 16, 20:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION.
FC Copenhagen – Trabzonspor Preview
- Copenhagen are potentially 180 minutes away from the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stages for the first time since 2016/17, as they take on Trabzonspor in the first leg of their play-off encounter. Having never lost at home to Turkish opposition, winning three out of three matches (as Copenhagen), the Danes should be confident, especially as Parken Stadium has been a happy hunting ground for them in European football with a record of 21 victories from their 39 previous continental outings here (D10, L8).
- However, Jess Thorup’s side have only picked up eight points from five Danish Superliga games this campaign (W3, L2), and with their last four outings seeing three or more goals and both sides score, Copenhagen are in desperate need of tightening up their backline. Particularly during the second half of matches, where they have also conceded at least one 60th+ minute goal in four of their five league games this season.
- It’s 11 years since Trabzonspor were last in the UCL group stages, but they appear to be in good form ahead of this clash after three successive victories ‘to nil’ – netting after the hour mark on each occasion. One of those was a 4-0 hammering of Sivasspor in the Turkish Cup final, in which former Copenhagen player Andreas Cornelius scored a brace!
- Abdullah Avcı’s side have an unsatisfactory record in continental football though, failing to win in their last 11 European fixtures (D3, L8). And while it is 31 years since they last came to this part of the world, they have never won in Denmark after losing both their prior visits here when they played B 1903, who merged with Kjøbenhavns Boldklub to form FC Copenhagen in 1992.
- Players to watch: Copenhagen’s Pep Biel, who scored a hat-trick against Brondby earlier this month, has finished on the losing side in just one of the eight European games he has scored in. Meanwhile, new Trabzonspor signing Trézéguet grabbed six goals and four assists in a loan spell for İstanbul Başakşehir last year and has not lost any of his last 11 club appearances.
- Hot stat: Trabzonspor have netted just one first-half goal in seven previous UCL away matches.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – FINAL
FC Copenhagen – Trabzonspor
Kick-off: August 16, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals