Feyenoord – Marseille Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 28.04.2022
⚽ Feyenoord – Marseille Predictions
Feyenoord – Marseille Tips and Odds for April 28, 20:00 EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS.
Feyenoord – Marseille Preview
- The inaugural UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) campaign is reaching boiling point, and this clash sees two former Champions League/European Cup winners battle it out as they look to secure a place in the showpiece finale in Albania. Arne Slot’s Feyenoord seem well placed to put their best foot forward in this first leg, as since losing their first game of 2022, their only two defeats following have come in away games (W11, D3, L2).
- Holding onto third place in the Eredivisie with a 2-1 win on Saturday, Feyenoord will enter this clash in high spirits. This tie does somewhat represent uncharted territory for the Rotterdam club who haven’t featured in a European semi-final since winning the UEFA Cup 20 years ago, though they do remain unbeaten in three historical home H2Hs with French opponents (W1, D2).
- Marseille should travel in high spirits after they moved to within just a few points of confirming second place in Ligue 1 with a 1-0 weekend win at Reims. With Marseille’s return to the top table of European football for next season all but assured, a first continental cup success since winning the Intertoto Cup in 2005 may fill them with confidence ahead of the new season.
- This is Marseille’s first European semi-final since they progressed to the Europa League final in 2017/18 despite losing the away leg 2-1 (vs Salzburg). Sampaoli’s men began their European campaign in the Europa League this season but dropped down after failing to win any of their group stage away games (D2, L1). However since then they’ve won all of their UECL away knockout games whilst conceding just once in the process (W3).
- Players to watch: Feyenoord’s Cyriel Dessers has scored in six of his last seven UECL appearances, including the match opener in three of his previous four scoring games in this tournament. As for Marseille, Dimitri Payet scored the decisive winning goal in both legs of their quarter-final win over PAOK.
EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – SEMI-FINALS
Feyenoord – Marseille
Kick-off: April 28, 20:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals