Freiburg – Eintracht Frankfurt Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 25.01.2023
⚽ Freiburg – Eintracht Frankfurt Predictions
Freiburg – Eintracht Frankfurt Predictions and Tips and Odds for January 25, 20:30 BUNDESLIGA.
Freiburg – Eintracht Frankfurt Preview
- Freiburg were handed a golden opportunity to close the gap at the top of the table to just two points with league leaders Bayern Munich drawing on Friday, yet instead they returned to Bundesliga action on the receiving end of a 6-0 hammering from Wolfsburg. That was their worst defeat since losing 7-0 against Bayern back in 2011/12 and curiously leaves the three sides from second to fourth with identical records ahead of this round (W9, D3, L4).
- Manager Christian Streich has always downplayed their title prospects and maintained that Freiburg’s goal for this campaign is simply “top-flight survival” despite already topping the table this season. Returning to the Europa-Park Stadion is sure to buoy the hosts then, as no side has defeated them here in any competition since Dortmund back in August 2022 (W8, D2).
- A 3-0 win over a lowly Schalke last time out saw Eintracht Frankfurt oust Freiburg from their second-placed spot, a position that keeper Kevin Trapp says they fully deserve. Two late goals by substitutes Rafael Borré and debutant Buta sealed the deal, whilst Frankfurt will hope only a second clean sheet across their last 12 competitive games could prove to be a defensive turning point.
- By picking up a European trophy last term and posting Frankfurt’s strongest 16-game Bundesliga record since 1993/94, manager Oliver Glasner has reportedly thrust himself into contention for the Chelsea job should they elect to change boss. However his focus right now is to continue their amazing away league form (W4, D2, L1), and with both teams finding the back of the net in all but one of those games, it could be an exciting night too.
- Players to watch: Vincenzo Grifo has had a hand in creating 44% of Freiburg’s league goals this season (G9, A2), which includes scoring four match winners! Often the catalyst for Frankfurt’s success, Randal Kolo Muani has reached ten Bundesliga assists in just 15 appearances – that’s the fastest by any player since such data has been collected!
- Hot stat: Christian Streich has failed to win eight of his last ten touchline meetings with Frankfurt (W2, D4, L4).
GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 17
Freiburg – Eintracht Frankfurt
Kick-off: January 25, 20:30
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE