Fulham – Southampton Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 31.12.2022
⚽ Fulham – Southampton Predictions
Fulham – Southampton Predictions and Tips and Odds for December 31, 16:00 PREMIER LEAGUE.
Fulham – Southampton Preview
- Following a dominant 3-0 win over a nine-man Crystal Palace last time out, Fulham boss Marco Silva praised his side for putting on a “great team performance” from the first minute. That result kept Fulham in the top half of the Premier League (PL) standings and they now need just a point to enter 2023 in the top ten, a magnificent achievement for the promoted side.
- It’s been an incredible year for Fulham, they’ve already hit 82 league goals across their time in the Championship and Premier League – three more in this final game will equal their highest tally in one calendar year in this century, which was 85 in 2000! With an average of 4.8 shots on target in PL games this term, Southampton keeper Gavin Bazunu may need to be on top form to stop the Cottagers from making history.
- It was a nightmare home league debut for new Saints boss Nathan Jones as a 3-1 loss to South Coast rivals Brighton coupled with a Wolves victory left Jones’ men propping up the table. Jones was booed off by his own fans but remained stoic in his reaction, highlighting that his aim is to get Southampton to be more aggressive and to press higher.
- Another defeat here would see Jones join a list of four historical Saints managers to lose their first three PL games in charge and the first since Mark Hughes in 2018. The likelihood of that seems high, especially when considering that they’ve lost six of their eight PL away games as pre-match outsiders and are winless in year-ending league games since 2010 (D6, L5).
- Players to watch: Aleksandar Mitrović has scored 31 of Fulham’s 82 league goals in 2022 – including ten PL goals – just one more league goal this term will equal his best-ever top-flight scoring season! For Southampton, James Ward Prowse has made goal contributions in three of his last four appearances (G2, A1), yet none ended in victories within 90 minutes.
- Hot streak: Fulham are yet to lose a PL game when tipped as favourites this season (W2, D2).
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 18
Fulham – Southampton
Kick-off: December 31, 16:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals