Genoa – Juventus Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 06.05.2022
⚽ Genoa – Juventus Predictions
Genoa – Juventus Tips and Odds for May 6, 20:00 ITALY: SERIE A.
Genoa – Juventus Preview
- Failure to score a stoppage-time penalty vs Sampdoria last weekend (L 1-0) may prove costly for relegation-threatened Genoa, who now sit three points from safety as they welcome fourth-placed Juventus. While the task ahead looks huge, Genoa may still believe they can survive the drop after finishing in 17th place in Serie A (SA) four times across the last decade! But it’s not hard to see where they must improve if that’s to happen, as their mere four goals scored across the last ten rounds (W2, D4, L4) is a league-low by some distance.
- With only 14 points won at home, there seems little in the way of home advantage for Genoa here, but the truth is the ’Rossoblù’ have collected both their home league victories this term across their last three home outings (L1). However, their survival chances could fade quickly if Alexandre Blessin’s men don’t start well as they’re yet to win a SA home match after conceding first (D2, L7), although across the last seven H2Hs here Genoa have shown they’re no pushovers when Juve come to town (W3, L4).
- A grinding 2-1 victory over bottom-side Venezia, coupled with Roma’s failure to win, saw Juventus secure a UEFA Champions League spot for the 11th consecutive season running. With their title dreams long gone and coach Massimiliano Allegri looking at positives, we may see more youngsters make their first start, just as 18-year-old academy product Fabio Miretti did on Sunday in midfield.
- Four consecutive SA away victories, each of which saw both teams score, means Juventus have already bettered their away points tally from the previous two campaigns (35). With Juventus‘ last three away victories against Genoa also featuring over 3.5 goals, there is also a chance for Juve’s much criticized attack to start making amends for a disappointing season.
- Players to watch: Milan Badelj’s two strikes for Genoa have both come at home beyond the 88th minute, including the winner against Cagliari last month. For Juve, Álvaro Morata has scored five of his last six SA goals on the road, including two at this stadium against Sampdoria.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last five SA H2Hs at this venue saw Juventus score before half-time.
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 36
Genoa – Juventus
Kick-off: May 6, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals