Girona – Valladolid Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 09.09.2022
⚽ Girona – Valladolid Predictions
Girona – Valladolid Predictions and Tips and Odds for September 9, 20:00 SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 5.
Girona – Valladolid Preview
- Girona manager Míchel was relieved to have secured a point away to Mallorca with a 1-1 draw last weekend, not least because he believed it was just rewards for “a very good game” on their part. The most concerning aspect of that statement is that “a very good game” was only good enough for a draw against a club that finished 17th last La Liga (LL) season. But on that basis, a repeat performance should net a better result against fellow newly-promoted opposition Real Valladolid.
- The home side finished 13 points behind Valladolid in last season’s Segunda División, but are so far on level terms with their Vallisoletano opposition with four points (W1, D1, L2), after both clubs each picked up one win as favourites and one away draw as outsiders. Whilst Girona had to go about promotion the tough way via the end-of-season playoffs, a 1-0 home defeat of Valladolid early in the campaign – in what was their second league win of that season – played a pivotal role in getting them into the top six.
- Valladolid also left it late to make an impact when defeating Almería 1-0 on Monday, and both of their goals this LL season have now been scored after the 75-minute mark. Like his upcoming managerial adversary, Valladolid boss Pacheta also assured media that their previous result was thoroughly deserved after some “intense” efforts during three winless games prior, summing up the impact of the victory as follows: “Teams are built through victories and it allows us to believe even more.”
- A stunning 1-1 draw at Sevilla in the second round should also serve as great inspiration for a club that were relegated in 2020/21 despite losing just eight of their 19 away fixtures (W2, D9). But the fixture list has served Valladolid with an additional fitness and conditioning challenge as they will have to travel to Girona with two fewer days to recover after the previous round.
- Players to watch: Cristhian Stuani opened the scoring not only in Girona’s first home win of this LL season, but also in their home defeat of Valladolid last season. Meanwhile, Shon Weissman returned from injury with a bang to score in four of his last five league appearances for Valladolid.
- Hot stat: The pre-match favourite has an unbeaten W6, D2 record in LL games involving either club this season.
SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 5
Girona – Valladolid
Kick-off: September 9, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals