Germany – Denmark Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 02.06.2021
⚽ Germany – Denmark Predictions
Germany – Denmark Tips and Odds. June 2, 20:00 Friendly International.
Germany – Denmark Preview
- With the impressive Austrian Alps serving as the backdrop for a brace of friendlies, Germany start their European Championship preparation against Denmark as they look to redeem themselves following a shock 2-1 defeat vs North Macedonia in March. That result was just their second loss across their previous 16 games (W9, D5), albeit they did score first in 11 of those (W7, D4).
- Strangely, the EURO 1996 champions are winless in their previous four penultimate friendly games before a European Championship or World Cup tournament (D1, L3), although all four saw both teams score and over 2.5 goals – notably, the last such defeat came here in Austria during 2018. However, that was the last friendly that Germany lost, and all seven friendlies since have seen the opening goal struck before HT (W4, D3).
- Denmark travel here after winning eight of their last nine games, scoring 3.11 goals on average, and conceding in just two outings! That sounds promising entertainment-wise, albeit the first goal in their recent fixtures tends to be decisive, as 14 of their last 17 games (W12, D3, L2) saw just one or no side hit the net.
- The 1992 European champions have lost to only number-one ranked Belgium across their last 26 matches (W16, D8, L2), achieving a 65.38% clean sheet rate during that time. Furthermore, Denmark conceded first in only four matches during that sequence (D2, L2), and among those are the only three games in which they lost the first half.
- Players to watch: Bayern Munich’s Thomas Müller returns to the German squad after registering the most assists (18) across Europe’s top-five leagues. Meanwhile, Serie A winner Christian Eriksen has netted the opener in his last two international goalscoring games – his only H2H strike was an opening goal in a friendly too!
- Hot stat: Germany’s last eight games featuring over 1.5 total goals witnessed goals in both halves. The same is true for Denmark’s last five games too.
Germany – Denmark
Kick-off: June 2, 20:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals