Hertha Berlin – Wolfsburg Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 24.01.2023
⚽ Hertha Berlin – Wolfsburg Predictions
Hertha Berlin – Wolfsburg Predictions and Tips and Odds for January 24, 20:30 BUNDESLIGA.
Hertha Berlin – Wolfsburg Preview
- A 68-day Bundesliga break, the longest mid-season pause in the competition since 1996/97, might have made Hertha Berlin’s 3-1 defeat to Bochum in their first game back extra sour. They must move on quickly however, as they sit second from bottom entering the round and now welcome in-form Wolfsburg before next weekend’s city derby with Union Berlin.
- Forward Marco Richter described Hertha’s latest loss as “dreadful” after his side fell behind within 22 minutes, which could be worrying here as they’ve also conceded the joint-most opening league goals at home this campaign (five). Even at this early stage it feels like time is running out then, with Hertha posting their lowest points (14) and placement (17th) after 16 games since 2009/10, a season where they eventually suffered relegation.
- Having also avoided defeat only once in their prior five league games (L4) they might not relish a visit from the Wolves, particularly as these visitors have just posted their second-biggest Bundesliga win this century after a 6-0 hammering of Freiburg! A near-perfect display saw Wolfsburg player Ridle Baku admit that even he was “a little surprised’’, and his side now top the six-game league form table after five victories (D1).
- That’s the first time they’ve won five consecutive Bundesliga games since 2014, and they’ve proven they can go all 12 rounds too, having netted during the second half in each of their last seven league games. So with those goalscoring instincts, and their opponents Hertha having won just 7.14% of their league games as outsiders this season (W1, D5, L8), Wolfsburg might sense an opportunity for another ruthless outing.
- Players to watch: Not since 2001/02 have we seen a matchday with more Bundesliga goals than the last, so all eyes may be on the forwards with in-form Wilfried Kanga netting two goals from his last three league home outings for Hertha. Wolfsburg’s Ridle Baku will want the limelight here however, after scoring in successive away league games – he’s also never been on the losing side against these opponents (W4, D3).
- Hot stat: Games involving Hertha have seen a joint-league low 2.81 goals per match.
GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 17
Hertha Berlin – Wolfsburg
Kick-off: January 24, 20:30
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE