Huddersfield – Cardiff Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 17.09.2022
⚽ Huddersfield – Cardiff Predictions
Huddersfield – Cardiff Predictions and Tips and Odds for September 17, 15:00 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Huddersfield – Cardiff Preview
- Six defeats from the opening eight league games (W1, D1) represents Huddersfield’s worst start to a Championship campaign since the 2019/20 season when they eventually avoided the drop by just three points. This side looks but a ghost of the team that narrowly missed out on promotion last campaign, and with Danny Schofield relieved of his managerial duties after their latest 2-1 defeat to Wigan, Huddersfield have some soul searching to do.
- Narcis Pèlach and Paul Harsley from the coaching team will lead the Terriers into this game as they seek a first clean sheet in ten Championship games. That’s not to mention that they’ve trailed at the interval in all but two of their league games this term, contributing to their unwanted league-high return of six defeats at both half-time/full-time.
- Two goals within two minutes from Middlesbrough weren’t enough to overturn the impressive 3-0 lead that Cardiff held in the last round as they registered their first away league win of the season at the fifth attempt (D1, L3). Despite the nervy end to the game, boss Steve Morison had no complaints about conceding the goals and felt they came as a consequence of playing deeper and more defensively when trying to hold onto their advantage.
- The Bluebirds also soared into the lead in their last visit here, though they ended up losing that game 2-1! That result was perhaps an anomaly though as Cardiff were unbeaten in seven straight competitive away H2Hs before last season (W3, D4), with an impressive six clean sheets during the run.
- Players to watch: Danny Ward is Huddersfield’s top league contributor this season with two goals and an assist, though two of the three appearances when he scored or assisted ended in defeat. In contrast, Cardiff’s Callum O’Dowda hit the match opener last time out and is enjoying his best Championship season in terms of goals and assists (G2, A2) since 2018/19.
- Hot stat: Huddersfield are winless in 16 of the last 17 competitive H2Hs at any venue (D5, L11), whilst conceding at least twice in ten of those defeats.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 11
Huddersfield – Cardiff
Kick-off: September 17, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals