Hull – Chelsea Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips – 25.01.2020
⚽ Hull – Chelsea Prediction
January 25, 16:00. ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/16-finals. Hull – Chelsea Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips.
Hull – Chelsea Preview
Hull City’s most recent victory remains the 3-2 win over Rotherham in the Third Round of this competition. It marked the Tigers’ fourth FA Cup match in succession to produce over 2.5 goals, of which three saw both teams score.
- Going back to January 2015, Hull’s five-game FA Cup record against then-Premier League opposition is poor: W1, D1, L3. They conceded an average of 3.33 goals per-match across the defeats, and amongst them was a fifth round defeat to Chelsea in 2018.
- Chelsea went on to lift the FA Cup at Wembley after defeating the Tigers two years ago. After beating Nottingham Forest in the last round of this edition, March 2008 remains the last time Chelsea lost away to lower-league opposition in this competition. The Londoners have won nine such matches since (W9, D2).
- The last five wins in the above sequence each saw Chelsea ‘win’ the second half 2-0. Of those nine FA Cup away wins vs lower-league opponents, Every one of them yielded a win by over 1.5 goals, with two-thirds (six) seeing Chelsea win by a 2-0 scoreline.
- Players to watch: Tom Eaves hit a hat-trick in the last round for Hull, with two of his treble coming beyond the hour mark.
- Chelsea forward Callum Hudson-Odoi opened the scoring after just six minutes in a 2-0 win last round, whilst Ross Barkley (CHE) got the second, and both of his prior goals this season have come before the break.
- Stat attack: Hull’s last three competitive home defeats have all yielded a scoring blank, with the losing goal consistently conceded inside the first 30 minutes.
- Relevantly in that context, Chelsea’s last six FA Cup matches (W5, L1) have seen just one team score.
- The ‘Blues’ have won one half precisely by a 4-0 scoreline in each of the last two FA Cup H2Hs.