Hull – Nottingham Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 07.05.2022
⚽ Hull – Nottingham Predictions
Hull – Nottingham Tips and Odds for May 7, 12:30 ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP.
Hull – Nottingham Preview
- After a bruising 5-0 defeat at the hands of Bristol City last time out, Hull City manager Shota Arveladze wasn’t afraid to shoulder the blame and admitted in the aftermath that it felt like the season was over as his side played too softly. Sitting a comfortable 16 points from the drop zone, all Hull have left to play for is to send their fans home happy one last time to round off a positive first season back in the Championship.
- Back-to-back wins at the MKM Stadium has ensured that Hull will not finish the season as the worst performing home side (W7, D3, L12), though the fact remains that the ‘Tigers’ are one of only two sides averaging fewer points at home than away this season. That could all change on the final day, but only if Hull can record a third straight Championship home win for the first time since 2019!
- This game could have been vital, but a 1-0 midweek defeat to Bournemouth swiftly ended Nottingham Forest’s hopes of ending their 23-year hiatus from the top-flight with automatic promotion. The dream lives on via the play-offs, and the result of this game will not only determine whether Forest play the fifth or sixth placed side in the semi-final, but also play a key role in dictating the morale of their squad ahead of the top-six shootout.
- Whatever happens, this game could be tight as each of Forest’s last four away games were settled by a 1-0 scoreline (W2, L2), though they did win 2-0 on their last two visits to Hull. Chalked up as hot favourites in the betting stakes, the ‘Tricky Trees’ have often wore that tag with pride and are unbeaten in five of the seven away league games where they started as favourites this season (W3, D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Keane Lewis-Potter put Hull ahead in the reverse fixture (L 2-1) and also hit a brace of goals in their last home game. As for Forest, Brennan Johnson has contributed to an impressive 25 goals in this Championship campaign (G15, A10), and his last two strikes were decisive match openers.
- Hot stat: Forest have scored as many away league goals between 76′-full-time (11) as they’ve done during the entire first half this season.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 46
Hull – Nottingham
Kick-off: May 7, 12:30
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals