Kosovo – Spain Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 08.09.2021
⚽ Kosovo – Spain Predictions
Kosovo – Spain Tips and Odds. September 8, 19:45 World Cup – Qualification.
Kosovo – Spain Preview
- Kosovo (FIFA rank: #115) lie third in World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) Group B (W1, D1, L2) after salvaging a late draw against Greece three days after their maiden WCQ victory (vs Georgia). Only accepted as UEFA and FIFA members in 2016, they’re making great strides – after almost qualifying for Euro 2020, they’ve already bettered their only previous WCQ campaign (D1, L9)!
- However, considering the presence of two sides ranked inside FIFA’s top 20 in Group B, third place looks like Kosovo’s best possible outcome, particularly as they’ve consistently come up short at home against better-ranked sides (D1, L4) since beating Montenegro in October 2019. Nevertheless, they’ll be buoyed by earning their first-ever home WCQ point against Greece.
- Spain (FIFA rank: #7) bounced back from a first WCQ defeat since March 1993 (vs Sweden) by hammering 91st-ranked Georgia 4-0, and they now top the group by one point (W3, D1, L1), albeit having played two games more than the second-placed Swedes. Now facing another side ranked outside of FIFA’s top 90, they’ll expect to solidify that position with a resounding win.
- After all, Luis Enrique’s side prevailed 3-1 in the reverse fixture in March, scoring twice inside 40 minutes – as they did against Georgia. However, ‘La Roja’ haven’t won any of their last four fixtures on foreign soil inside 90 minutes (D3, L1 – excludes extra-time/penalties) so the pressure is on, as they travel to Pristina knowing that dropping any more points will hurt their automatic qualification chances.
- Players to watch: In great form, Vedat Muriqi – Kosovo’s record scorer (17 goals) – netted against both Georgia and Greece. Meanwhile, by scoring against Georgia, Ferran Torres became the first Spaniard to bag 5+ international goals in a calendar year since 2018.
- Hot stat: Eight of Kosovo’s last nine home internationals witnessed the same HT/FT outcome (W4, D1, L4).
World Cup – Qualification
Kosovo – Spain
Kick-off: September 8, 19:45
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals