Kosovo – Sweden Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 28.03.2021
⚽ Kosovo – Sweden Predictions
Kosovo – Sweden Tips and Odds. March 28, 19:45 World Cup – Qualification.
Kosovo – Sweden Preview
- Participating in only their second-ever World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) campaign, Kosovo will hope for a better showing than the one point they managed last time around (D1, L9), although that sole point was picked up in their opening fixture against Finland – a potentially good sign for the superstitious as they open this edition with a clash against one of Finland’s neighbours, Sweden.
- However since joining UEFA, Kosovo have never beaten a side in FIFA’s top 20 – like Sweden – losing five of six such games during that period (D1), but admirably netted 2+ goals in two of those matches. Notably, the only unbeaten game against such teams came in a 2-2 home draw vs another Scandinavian side, Denmark.
- Sweden scraped past Georgia 1-0 in their opening WCQ fixture, and have now won their last three games vs teams outside of FIFA’s top 80 by that same scoreline. A similar tight win could arrive here too as the Swedes have also won their previous two first away fixtures of a new WCQ campaign by a one-goal margin, each time vs teams situated outside of FIFA’s top 80.
- While a narrow win wouldn’t steal the headlines, it may well be welcomed considering Sweden have lost their last four road trips. Although their last three qualification away games (EURO/World Cup) against teams outside of FIFA’s top 80 were a lot more emphatic – all ended 4-0 and saw Sweden net the opener within 20 minutes.
- Players to watch: Kosovo warmed up for this game with a 4-0 friendly win over Lithuania which saw Arbër Zeneli net either side of HT. On his return to international action after nearly five years absence, Sweden’s all-time top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimović grabbed an assist and a yellow card as his nation snuck past Georgia.
- Hot stat: Eight of Sweden’s last nine games saw the eventual winner lead at HT.
World Cup – Qualification
Kosovo – Sweden
Kick-off: March 28, 19:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals