Latvia – Liechtenstein Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 06.06.2022
⚽ Latvia – Liechtenstein Predictions
Latvia – Liechtenstein Tips and Odds for June 6, 17:00 WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION.
Latvia – Liechtenstein Preview
- A third straight campaign in League D of the UEFA Nations League (UNL) got off to the best possible start for Latvia when securing a 3-0 win over Andorra, extending their unbeaten run to five games (W3, D2). Manager Dainis Kazakevičs backed up his words when he claimed his side was “more mature and ready” for this campaign, as he’s set his men the goal of topping the group and hence securing promotion.
- The Daugavas Stadium serves as the backdrop once again, where Latvia have engaged in a few dogfights at home recently, with six of their last eight home games seeing both teams get on the scoresheet. The 11 Wolves will be keen to break this trend when they welcome minnows Liechtenstein, having lost only once in their last nine H2Hs (W7, D1), keeping five clean sheets in the process.
- Liechtenstein got their campaign off to a contrasting start to their hosts when losing 2-0 to Moldova in their seventh straight loss, each of which saw them fail to trouble the scorers. More worrying for manager Martin Stocklasa is his side’s inability to make things difficult for their opponents, as all seven losses saw them trailing by half-time too.
- On their travels, you’d have to time-travel back to October 2020 to watch the Blues-Reds pick up an away win, failing to do so in ten attempts since (D2, L8). Looking at the positives, FIFA’s 192nd-ranked nation may take confidence from their last two UNL away games at San Marino (W 2-0) and Gibraltar (D 1-1), although those sides are the only two UEFA teams ranked below them!
- Players to watch: Latvia’s Roberts Uldrikis scored twice in their win over Andorra, a brace which means he’s scored four of his six international goals at home, while Nicolas Hasler has seen four of his five goals for Liechtenstein come in the second half.
- Hot stat: There have been 11 goals scored past the 75th minute in Latvia’s last 14 games.
UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE D – ROUND 2
Latvia – Liechtenstein
Kick-off: June 6, 17:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals