Leeds – Chelsea Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 11.05.2022
⚽ Leeds – Chelsea Predictions
Leeds – Chelsea Tips and Odds for May 11, 19:30 ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE.
Leeds – Chelsea Preview
- A 2-1 defeat at Arsenal on Sunday saw Leeds United slip into the bottom three at exactly the wrong time of the season with just three games remaining. The last thing boss Jesse Marsch would have wanted now was a must-win contest against reigning European champions Chelsea, who Leeds haven’t beaten in seven games (D2, L5), although with the FA Cup final coming up on Saturday, the London outfit could field a slightly weakened side.
- Snapping that H2H streak probably calls for a more measured conservative approach, something that Leeds have evidently lacked this season after recording their 96th yellow card of the season in the game against Arsenal (plus one red) – the highest total for a PL club in a single campaign. Now on a run of just one win at home in seven games (D1, L5), now would be the opportune time to show some mettle and record just their third PL clean sheet at Elland Road this season, where they’ve conceded an average of two goals per league game.
- Reaching two cup finals could actually be seen as a great achievement for Chelsea in what has been a traumatic season for the club after the departure of owner Roman Abramovich. With the ownership question now settled, Chelsea know that a win here will almost certainly secure UEFA Champions League football for a 15th time since 2004.
- However, they will need to snap a poor run of results to achieve that, as they currently sit sixth in the form table since the turn of the year (W7, D4, L4), after a late equaliser against Wolves at the weekend condemned Chelsea to just one win in five games (D2, L2). Thomas Tuchel’s men should feel confident against that leaky Leeds backline though, having failed to find the net in just four PL games this season.
- Key battle: Illan Meslier will surely be key to any positive result for Leeds having made a league-high 134 saves this season. Opposing him is Romelu Lukaku who netted twice against Wolves last time out and Chelsea haven’t lost a first-team game when he has been on the score sheet (W9, D3).
- Hot stat: Chelsea have scored first in 78% of their PL away games this season – a league high.
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 33
Leeds – Chelsea
Kick-off: May 11, 19:30
Prediction: Away Win