Leeds – Southampton Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 25.02.2023
⚽ Leeds – Southampton Predictions
Leeds – Southampton Predictions and Tips and Odds for February 25, 16:00 PREMIER LEAGUE.
Leeds – Southampton Preview
- Elland Road is braced for a relegation six-pointer as the Premier League’s (PL) bottom two sides, Leeds and Southampton meet soon after sacking Jesse Marsch and Nathan Jones respectively. It’s déjà vu for new Leeds boss Javi Gracia, as his first game in charge of Watford was also against Southampton, but he won’t want to repeat that 1-0 defeat in January 2018!
- Following their 1-0 defeat to Everton, coach Michael Skubala urged Leeds’ players to “stick together” and they’ll hope the supporters at Elland Road can give them a lift after failing to win any of their last four PL home fixtures (D2, L2). At least the Whites have fared well against Southampton recently, losing none of the last three H2H they hosted (W2, D1).
- Ex-Leeds boss Marsch was close to joining long-time admirers Southampton but after negotiations fell through, they had to look elsewhere. In the end, they appointed Rubén Sellés, who earned the job until the end of the season after leading them to a 1-0 win at Chelsea as caretaker manager , and he’ll now try to guide the Saints to a third win in four league away games (L1).
- Although this hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for Southampton, four of their five PL wins this term came on the road so they might feel they’ve a better chance of picking up a result here than in front of their own fans. As it’s been all or nothing away from home in the PL (W4, L8), a result either way is a distinct possibility.
- Players to watch: Leeds could use a fast start, and few achieve that better than Wilfried Gnonto, as in each of his last two goalscoring appearances he netted inside the first minute! Contrastingly, James Ward-Prowse scored Southampton’s last four league away goals, all of them between the 40th and 80th minute, while only David Beckham has scored more PL direct free-kicks than his 17.
- Hot streak: Leeds have collected either two or three yellow cards in each of their last seven PL games.
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 25
Leeds – Southampton
Kick-off: February 25, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE