Leicester – Aston Villa Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 05.04.2023
⚽ Leicester – Aston Villa Predictions
Leicester – Aston Villa Predictions and Tips and Odds for April 5, 20:10 COUPE DE FRANCE.
Leicester – Aston Villa Preview
- Coupe de France (CDF) holders Nantes are aiming to bounce back in this semi-final contest after Sunday’s 3-0 home loss to Reims made it four without a win (D2, L2). But cup games at night can be a different matter, as proven when they beat a much-fancied Monaco team at this stage last year. On that occasion, they prevailed 4-2 in a penalty shootout with Moses Simon clinching it.
- With Nantes having also survived two shootouts already this year, they are expected to show real determination to win this clash within 90 minutes. They showed that quality in abundance when coming from behind to knock out Ligue 1 high-flyers Lens in the quarter-finals, though it was strangely via a duo of 12-yard duels (both converted by Andy Delort) that they did so.
- They couldn’t be playing Lyon at a worse time however, with the visitors jubilant following a stunning 1-0 away upset against Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday evening. The most recent cup H2H also saw Les Gones win 4-3 in January 2020, adding to the bragging rights they won in 1973 when beating Nantes to claim their third CDF title of five.
- It’s now 11 years since Les Gones last lifted this trophy. Here, they make their third semi-final appearance in five seasons, after defeating Grenoble by the same 2-1 scoreline that saw their hosts negotiate the quarter-finals.
- With Lyon having also avoided defeat in their three trips to Nantes since that epic cup tie of 2020 (W2, D1), another high-scoring affair could favour them. And while the corresponding league fixture back in January this year ended 0-0, Lyon’s more recent trips seemingly promise entertainment, with four of their previous five on the road seeing both teams score.
- Players to watch: While Delort was heroic in the previous round, his only prior goalscoring CDF semi-final (May 2021) saw his then-side Montpellier eliminated via a shootout! In opposition, Lyon have their own cup specialist in Bradley Barcola. Both of his previous cup goals – including one against Grenoble in the last round – have opened the scoring in 2-1 victories.
- Hot streak: Each of Lyon’s last five CDF away wins vs current Ligue 1 teams have been settled by a single-goal margin with both teams scoring.
FRANCE: COUPE DE FRANCE – SEMI-FINALS
Nantes – Lyon
Kick-off: April 5, 20:10
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE