Lille – Montpellier Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 29.08.2021
⚽ Lille – Montpellier Predictions
Lille – Montpellier Tips and Odds. August 29, 16:00 FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 4.
Lille – Montpellier Preview
- Lille and Montpellier began this Ligue 1 (L1) round in separate halves of the table, and many would have expected them to occupy opposite places at this point of the season, with the hosts seventh and the visitors 17th. One man who will be watching with great intrigue will be West Ham manager David Moyes, after he reportedly expressed interest in forwards from both clubs this week.
- Off the back of a poor transfer period and the loss of their title-winning manager to Nice, Lille have instantly transformed from the league’s best defence to its worst. ‘Les Dogues’ have conceded as many goals (eight) in their first three L1 matches as they did in their last 13 of 2020/21, costing them wins on the two occasions in which they opened the scoring.
- Montpellier racked up 12 goals in their first five L1 games of last season and are on track to match that outstanding effort, sitting in second in the L1 goalscoring charts after three rounds with eight. Strikers Andy Delort and Gaëtan Laborde, who have scored in 15 L1 games each since the start of 2020/21, have both had multiple suitors calling their agents.
- Despite their phenomenal goalscoring, as well as three draws from their last four L1 trips to Lille (L1), Montpellier are still expected to struggle here. Since claiming the L1 crown themselves in 2011/12, Montpellier have failed to win an away league match to the title holders of the time (D3, L5).
- Players to watch: When opening the scoring last week, Burak Yılmaz became the first Lille player of this L1 season to net in two appearances. Montpellier midfielder Teji Savanier, meanwhile, has registered goals in two of his last four games for club or country.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in all but one of Montpellier’s last 12 games in all competitions.
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 4
Lille – Montpellier
Kick-off: August 29, 16:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals