Ludogorets – AS Roma Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 08.09.2022
⚽ Ludogorets – AS Roma Predictions
Ludogorets – AS Roma Predictions and Tips and Odds for September 8, 17:45 EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE.
Ludogorets – AS Roma Preview
- Despite celebrating their 11th consecutive Bulgarian title, Ludogorets were eliminated in the third qualifying round of UEFA Champions League and now enter the UEFA Europa League (UEL) for a sixth-successive season. The only Bulgarian representatives in Europe this season, Ludogorets have now equalled the record set by PSV for the most consecutive appearances in the UEL, progressing from the group stage three times before.
- Such frequent participants in the UEL, it perhaps comes as a surprise to see Ante Šimundža’s men on the back of an 18 match UEL winless run (D4, L14 without qualifiers) – which is also a competition record. Ludogorets will, however, try to take encouragement from their recent home performances, having lost just one competitive match here since the start of this season (W6, L1), with all six wins coming with an accompanying clean sheet.
- The inaugural winners of the UEFA Europa Conference League, Roma start their European campaign with a clear goal. José Mourinho’s men need to respond to their first serious setback of the season, as they suffered an embarrassing 4-0 defeat against Udinese on Sunday – the first time Mourinho has lost in Serie A by four or more goals – a feat he had witnessed just twice prior in his career.
- Progressing from the group stage on each of their previous four UEL appearances indicates this competition may provide some domestic respite, with the Giallorossi reaching the semi-finals two seasons ago, hence the favourites tag to top the group again. A good start is widely expected and expectations are only heightened considering Mourinho has won all seven of his previous matches against Bulgarian teams!
- Players to watch: Contributing to three goals (G2, A1) in Ludogorets’ impressive 6-0 victory last weekend, Spas Delev now seeks to increase his seven-goal UEL career tally. Roma’s Andrea Belotti now looks for his first UEL group-stage goal after netting six during the 2019/20 qualifiers with Torino.
- Hot streak: Roma have played 29 competitive matches in a row without both teams netting before the break.
EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 1
Ludogorets – AS Roma
Kick-off: September 8, 17:45
Prediction: Away Win