Luxembourg – Turkey Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 11.06.2022
⚽ Luxembourg – Turkey Predictions
Luxembourg – Turkey Tips and Odds for June 11, 19:45 UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE.
Luxembourg – Turkey Preview
- Luxembourg (W2) play host in this battle of UEFA Nations League (UNL) Group C1’s perfect starters, and while they do so as underdogs, the opportunity to continue creating miracles is significant. Successive home games lie ahead, while there is also much encouragement to be taken from the fact that a two-game winning start in the inaugural UNL of 2018/19 proved the catalyst for promotion.
- Three successive UNL clean sheets also underline Luxembourg’s growing defensive strengths, and can only help as they aim to pick up just their second-ever win over Turkey (W1, L6), with the previous one coming at home way back in October 1972!
- After following up a UNL relegation by failing to qualify for the World Cup, Turkey’s determination to immediately regain League B status is fully self-evident. They ran out 6-0 winners in their last away game (vs Lithuania), racking up their best away victory since 2005 and making it ten unanswered goals scored across two UNL matchdays.
- In a sure sign that Turkey are far too good for League C, that’s the same total they have scored across the previous two UNL campaigns combined, as they channel the spirit of the side that finished third in the World Cup 20 years ago this month. As anyone in that squad would probably say, there can be no excuses against Luxembourg, especially as Turkey last lost away to a team currently placed outside FIFA’s top-90 back in October 2010.
- Players to watch: Gerson Rodrigues, who scored Luxembourg’s winner last time around, has netted their last in all but one of his ten goalscoring games for his country. Effective for his country whenever he scores (W5), Halil Dervişoğlu has seen his last three goalscoring games witness a Turkish win by a 4+ goal margin!
- Hot stat: None of Luxembourg’s six UNL home games to date have witnessed both teams score.
UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 3
Luxembourg – Turkey
Kick-off: June 11, 19:45
Prediction: Away Win