Lyon – Metz Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 17.01.2021
⚽ Lyon – Metz Predictions
Lyon – Metz Tips and Odds. January 17, 21:00 FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 20.
Lyon – Metz Preview
- Lyon are currently on an impressive 16-game unbeaten league run (W10, D6) – their longest such streak since December 2005. As ever, starting well will be a priority, especially as they are the only side to have won 100% of their league fixtures in which they’ve scored first this campaign (W9).
- The hosts also come into this game hoping to remain the only unbeaten side at home this Ligue 1 (L1) season (W6, D3). Even if they concede the opener here, they have sufficient character to recover, notably rescuing a league-high 2.0 points on average when conceding first at home this L1 campaign (W2, D2).
- Winless in the last 17 league matches to see them trail at HT (D5, L12), mid-table Metz are clear underdogs. Their 1-1 home draw last time out made it only two wins across their previous ten L1 outings (W2, D5, L3), although they have kept a first-half clean sheet in five of their last six.
- The visitors have lost just one from their previous seven league road trips (W2, D4, L1), with eight of their nine L1 away games so far producing under 2.5 total goals, for a league-low average of 1.78 total goals per game. However, ‘Les Grenats’ are on a dismal run of nine straight L1 losses at Lyon, which is their longest such run against a current top-flight side.
- Players to watch: Memphis Depay has scored his team’s opener in four of Lyon’s last five L1 matches. For the visitors, Habib Maïga has been involved in two of Metz’ last three top-flight goals on the road (one goal, one assist).
- Hot stat: Lyon’s nine L1 home matches have averaged 1.0 penalty per game.
|Head-to-head matches: LYON – METZ|
|06.12.20||L1||Metz||Lyon||1 : 3|
|21.02.20||L1||Metz||Lyon||0 : 2|
|26.10.19||L1||Lyon||Metz||2 : 0|
|08.04.18||L1||Metz||Lyon||0 : 5|
|29.10.17||L1||Lyon||Metz||2 : 0|