Maccabi Haifa – Crvena Zvezda Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 17.08.2022
⚽ Maccabi Haifa – Crvena Zvezda Predictions
Maccabi Haifa – Crvena Zvezda Predictions and Tips and Odds for August 17, 20:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION.
Maccabi Haifa – Crvena Zvezda Preview
- The UEFA Champions League (UCL) playoffs have thrown up a battle between Israel and Serbia as both Maccabi Haifa and Red Star Belgrade seek just their third participation in the UCL group stages. Maccabi Haifa head into this crunch clash after an indifferent start to their season that has seen them lose the Israeli Super Cup and suffer a loss in Cyprus, although two big 4-0 wins against Olympiacos and Apollon helped them get to this stage.
- Following their 14th Israeli championship, a first UCL group appearance since 2009/10 would appear fitting. A strong start would surprise few around Haifa as the Greens have recorded a stunning run of just one defeat across their last 16 European home games (W10, D5), although they have lost three of their four historical encounters against Serbian opponents.
- While Red Star have had four fewer rest days, the momentum gained from their 100% winning record in the 2022/23 campaign to date shouldn’t be underestimated (W7). Almost perfect, the Serbians have scored an astounding 28 goals while conceding just once in reply, and that includes a 7-0 aggregate win in UCL qualifying!
- The five-time consecutive Serbian champions have featured in the UCL group stages in two of the previous four seasons, yet they progressed from the play-off round on both occasions only by the away goals rule against Young Boys and Salzburg, respectively. A repeat of the four draws posted across both of those ties would now force extra time, as away goals hold no added value this time around.
- Key battle: Haifa will rely on former Red Star defender Bogdan Planić to keep his countrymen at bay, yet he has lost all six of his encounters with his former employers. Trying to get the better of him will be Red Star forward Aleksandar Pešić, who scored 11 goals for Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv back in 2020/21, including two in three appearances against Haifa!
- Hot streak: Red Star Belgrade led at half-time in each of their last 15 competitive games.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – FINAL
Maccabi Haifa – Crvena Zvezda
Kick-off: August 17, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals