Mainz – Union Berlin Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 14.08.2022
⚽ Mainz – Union Berlin Predictions
Mainz – Union Berlin Predictions and Tips and Odds for August 14, 14:30 GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA.
Mainz – Union Berlin Preview
- After recording their highest Bundesliga finish since 2015/16 last term, Mainz picked up right where they left off in 2022/23 with a hard fought 2-1 victory over Bochum on the opening day. Taking over when they were second bottom back in 2020/21, the transformation to last season’s eighth-placed finish under manager Bo Svensson has been remarkable, though he highlighted that there is still room for improvement.
- A better league position may not have been what Svensson was alluding to though, as he recently stated that he wants to receive less than the seven yellow cards for his sideline antics last term. The players seem to take heart from that passion though, as no side lost fewer home league games than the 05ers’ two in 2021/22 (W10, D5).
- The Iron Ones stand in Mainz’s way, and the visitors are not to be underestimated. Since making their first ever top flight appearance in the 2019/20 season, Union Berlin have gone on to secure unlikely back-to-back European group appearances and with a stunning 3-1 win in the Berlin derby opening their Bundesliga campaign, spirits are at an all-time high.
- Potentially inspiring further confidence amongst the Union ranks is the fact that they have scored more top-flight goals against Mainz than any other side (G13). However, if the recently established Bundesliga outfit are to overcome their 100% draw rate in top flight away openers (D3), another strong scoring performance is needed.
- Players to watch: Mainz’s opening day hero Karim Onisiwo contributed to five goals across his last three competitive appearances (G2, A3), but he has never scored in back-to-back Bundesliga games. As for Union, new signing Jordan Siebatcheu could become the first ever player to score in his first three appearances for the club with another here.
- Hot stat: Mainz only have a lower win rate against Dortmund (16%) than they do against Union (17% – W1, D1, L4) in Bundesliga H2Hs amongst the current crop.
GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 2
Mainz – Union Berlin
Kick-off: August 14, 14:30
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE