Manchester City – Manchester Utd Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 02.10.2022
⚽ Manchester City – Manchester Utd Predictions
Manchester City – Manchester Utd Predictions and Tips and Odds for October 2, 14:00 PREMIER LEAGUE.
Manchester City – Manchester Utd Preview
- As rivals Manchester City and Manchester United meet for the 51st time in the Premier League (PL), the former are bidding to win three consecutive league H2Hs for the first time since November 2014. The summer signing of free-scoring Erling Haaland has had the desired effect, but although they’re unbeaten in the PL this term (W5, D2), they trailed Arsenal by a point going into the international break.
- Players from both sides were recently involved in the UEFA Nations League or friendlies, and City manager Pep Guardiola might have to reshuffle his backline after John Stones limped out of England’s 3-3 draw with Germany. With his forwards reporting back uninjured, they’ll seek to maintain scoring an average of four goals per game across their last nine PL home fixtures (W8, D1) – a run that started with last term’s 4-1 H2H win here.
- Keeping that attack at bay is a huge challenge for Erik ten Hag during his first Manchester derby but if he can do so he might become the first man since Sir Alex Ferguson to win his first in charge of the Red Devils. He’s guided them to four straight PL wins for the first time since April 2021, so he’s got them on a roll after a poor start to the season as they prepare to take on their cross-city rivals.
- They hold the overall H2H advantage (W77, D53, L57) and last season’s defeat here was their first at this venue since November 2018 (W3 prior). Ten Hag has arrested a run of seven straight league away defeats with 1-0 wins at both Southampton and Leicester City so he’s set himself up well to try to emulate Ferguson and succeed where messieurs Moyes, Mourinho, van Gaal, Solskjaer and Rangnick failed.
- Players to watch: Haaland (MCI) is bidding to become the first man to score hat-tricks in three straight PL home games while Antony (MNU) seeks to back up becoming the PL’s youngest Brazilian to score on his debut after doing so against Arsenal.
- Hot stat: None of the last three H2Hs were goalless after ten minutes.
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 9
Manchester City – Manchester Utd
Kick-off: October 2, 14:00
Prediction: Home Win