Marseille – Paris SG Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 07.02.2021
⚽ Marseille – Paris SG Predictions
Marseille – Paris SG Tips and Odds. February 7, 21:00 FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 24.
Marseille – Paris SG Preview
- Marseille occupy an underwhelming mid-table berth in Ligue 1 (L1), having won none of their last six competitive games (D2, L4). Following a run of six league wins between October 17 and December 12, they’ve since picked up an average of just 0.67 points per game, and conceded (on average) 1.55 goals per fixture (W1, D3, L5). Marseille enter this game – the biggest in France and known as ‘Le Classique’ – in chaos after an internal ‘civil war’ saw coach André Villas-Boas suspended.
- Facing their biggest foes right now couldn’t come at a worse time, as they look to claim a first home league victory over Paris Saint-Germain since November 2011 (D2, L5). All seven fixtures therein saw them concede 2+ goals, and they’ve suffered two consecutive league defeats here via one-goal margins. Ominously, they are yet to also keep a clean sheet at home in this league campaign.
- Despite losing only once across all competitions since Mauricio Pochettino’s arrival (W5, D1, L1), PSG trailed league leaders Lille by three points ahead of this round. Impressively, their last six L1 victories have all come with a clean sheet’ and they’ve now scored 3+ goals in 11 league games this term. A 2-1 Trophée des Champions win over Marseille only last month provides a further potential psychological boost for the champions.
- With PSG entering this clash as firm favourites, a strong start is expected, especially as they haven’t trailed a league game at the break on the road this term (HT: W4, D7). Fans and players alike should watch out for their set pieces in particular, as PSG’s away league fixtures have averaged 9.82 corners per game so far.
- Players to watch: Each of Dimitri Payet’s last three competitive goals for Marseille have come in or after the 75th minute, while Kylian Mbappé has netted three goals in three L1 games for PSG, as well as five in his last four league outings against Marseille.
- Hot stat: Marseille’s L1 home matches this term produced an average of ten corners per game.
|Head-to-head matches: MARSEILLE – PARIS SG|
|13.01.21||SC||Paris SG||Marseille||2 : 1|
|13.09.20||L1||Paris SG||Marseille||0 : 1|
|27.10.19||L1||Paris SG||Marseille||4 : 0|
|17.03.19||L1||Paris SG||Marseille||3 : 1|
|28.10.18||L1||Marseille||Paris SG||0 : 2|
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 24
Marseille – Paris SG
Kick-off: February 7, 21:00
Prediction: Away Win