Middlesbrough – Norwich Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 14.04.2023
⚽ Middlesbrough – Norwich Predictions
Middlesbrough – Norwich Predictions and Tips and Odds for April 14, 20:00 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Middlesbrough – Norwich Preview
- Middlesbrough had to battle back from a 2-0 deficit to claim a point against Bristol City on Easter Monday, and whilst that ended their first run of back-to-back defeats under Michael Carrick, they’ve now won just one of the last five games (W1, D2, L2). Carrick’s men still hold a six-point gap to seventh place, but anything short of victory here could be the catalyst for blood pressures to collectively rise across Teesside come the end of the round.
- Having helped gift Burnley the earliest promotion in an English second-tier season since their own under Jack Charlton 49 years ago with a 2-1 defeat last time out here, Boro now look to avoid the ignominy of back-to-back home defeats for the first time this season. The hosts have won six of their last eight outings at the Riverside Stadium (W6, D1, L1), although they’re on a shocking run of three straight 1-0 home defeats against fellow play-off hopefuls, Norwich City.
- Luckily for Boro, most of their immediate chasers also dropped points on Monday including Norwich, who played out a disappointing goalless draw against Rotherham. Boss David Wagner insisted that it was a “good performance” and that he isn’t getting too carried away, but three points here would see them provisionally rise to fifth and boost their play-off prospects considerably.
- Playing away hasn’t fazed the Canaries of late, who have avoided defeat in all but one of their road trips since the turn of the year (W4, D3, L1). Further boosting Norwich’s hopes is the fact that they’ve avoided defeat in six of their eight away league games as pre-match outsiders this season (W4, D2, L2). Wagner’s men have also defeated each of the three sides directly above them in the table away from home, scoring nine goals in the process.
- Key battle: Middlesbrough’s Aaron Ramsey made his fourth and fifth goal contributions across his last seven league appearances with a crucial goal and assist last time out. Trying to stop him will be Norwich keeper Angus Gunn, who has had to make 12 saves to ensure Norwich enter this clash on the back of consecutive away clean sheets.
- Hot stat: Middlesbrough have won just one of their last eight Championship games played on a Friday (W1, D2, L5).
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 42
Middlesbrough – Norwich
Kick-off: April 14, 20:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE