Midtjylland – PSV Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 10.08.2021
⚽ Midtjylland – PSV Predictions
Midtjylland – PSV Tips and Odds. August 10, 19:00 Champions League – Qualification.
Midtjylland – PSV Preview
- After knocking out Celtic, Midtjylland succumbed to a 3-0 first-leg thrashing at PSV, and their UEFA Champions League (UCL) campaign now hangs in the balance. In fact with Midtjylland winning only once across five previous games vs Dutch opposition (D1, L3), and by just a slim one-goal margin that time, this looks like mission impossible for the Danes.
- It’s not just that record which makes qualification unlikely, but also the fact they’ve won by a 3+ goal margin in a third round qualifying home leg (UCL/UEL) just once before – albeit that was a 3-0 victory last year vs Young Boys. However, Midtjylland’s blistering start to the Superliga campaign (W3, L1) may have fans dreaming of an unlikely upset.
- Although the Eredivisie season hasn’t begun, PSV fans have already seen their side score ten goals in three UCL qualifiers, and win the Johan Cruijff Shield in style last Saturday in a 4-0 ‘De Topper’ win at Ajax. There’s even more reason for optimism considering PSV’s solid European record vs Danish opposition (W5, D1, L1).
- In fact, two of PSV’s three previous away games in Denmark saw them impressively overcome a HT deficit to avoid defeat (W1, D1, L1). In a further sign of a comfortable progression, PSV have never been beaten by a 3+ goal margin in any third round qualifier (UCL/UEL) on the road (W5, D1, L3).
- Players to watch: Anders Dreyer has been involved in five of Midjtylland’s eight Superliga goals (two goals, three assists), and previously played for Dutch side Heerenveen. As for PSV, teen sensation Noni Madueke has scored four goals across his last three games, including a first-half brace vs Ajax!
- Hot stat: Referee Clément Turpin has officiated five UCL qualifiers before, handing out 3+ yellow cards in each game, as well as a combined four penalties.
Champions League – Qualification – Semi-finals
Midtjylland – PSV
Kick-off: August 10, 19:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals