Millwall – Blackburn Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 14.08.2021
⚽ Millwall – Blackburn Predictions
Millwall – Blackburn Tips and Odds. August 14, 15:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 2.
Millwall – Blackburn Preview
- Millwall opened their 2021/22 Championship campaign with a 1-1 draw at Queens Park Rangers, conceding before half-time for the fifth consecutive league match (W1, D1, L3). However, if they strike first – as they did against QPR – they generally hold on as only once did they lose after netting the opener across last season’s league campaign (W11, D5).
- As they’ve won the last four home league matches in which they scored first, another good start could see the ‘Lions’ extend their record of going undefeated in their last five opening home Championship games of the season (W2, D3). Ominously though, they’ve won just one of the last nine H2Hs they’ve hosted (D3, L5).
- That should hearten Blackburn Rovers, who followed up a strong finish to last season by beginning their campaign with a clinical 2-1 win over play-off hopefuls Swansea City. Although last season’s topscorer Adam Armstrong has just signed for Southampton, they’ll hope the goals keep flowing after netting an average of 3.25 goals per game across their last four league fixtures (W3, D1).
- Without an away league win since beating Millwall here on March 6 (D3, L2), ‘Rovers’ have also struggled on the road in recent times, winning just one of their last 12 opening away league matches (D4, L7). They conceded at least twice in the four most recent such fixtures (D1, L3) although they lost seven (30.43%) league away games 1-0 last term!
- Players to watch: Jed Wallace has scored three goals in five Championship appearances for Millwall, with four of his last six strikes arriving before the 15th minute. Blackburn’s Ben Brereton has netted three times in four league outings, his last four efforts coming between the 20th and 50th minute.
- Hot stat: None of the previous eight competitive H2Hs here witnessed over 1.5 first-half goals (HT: Blackburn W3, D3, L2).
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 2
Millwall – Blackburn
Kick-off: August 14, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals