Millwall – Stoke Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips – 12.09.2020
⚽ Millwall – Stoke Prediction
Millwall – Stoke Tips and Odds. September 12, 15:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 1.
Millwall – Stoke Preview
- Looking to follow-up on their recent EFL Cup victory (3-1) and repeat their Championship opening day victory last season (1-0), Millwall’s post-lockdown league record saw them miss out on the playoffs by just two points (W4, D2, L3). Six of their last eight matches in 2019/20 saw under 2.5 goals, as have ten of the last 11 H2Hs (any venue)!
- Whilst goals might not be on the cards, Millwall can take encouragement from their two home wins to end last season, which actually snapped a run of seven without victory at The Den (D4, L3). Furthermore, the ‘Lions’ are unbeaten in four home Championship season openers (W2, D2).
- Stoke City, meanwhile, won on penalties in their opening EFL Cup match and ended last season unbeaten in four (W3, D1). Each of those three wins saw them take a HT lead ‘to nil, as have each of their last six league victories. One massive negative for the ‘Potters’ is that they are winless in their season openers over the last ten years (D3, L7)!
- Championship matches last season involving Stoke averaged 2.83 total goals and 40.00% of their last ten league games produced +3.5 total goals. That average actually rose to 2.96 goals per game on their travels. Goals might not be forthcoming for them here though, as Stoke have failed to score on their last two trips to The Den (D1, L1), scoring an average of just 0.44 goals in nine trips since 1999!
- Players to watch: Big Matt Smith (MIL) opened his account with a 59th-minute header last time out and scored 13 league goals last term. Steven Fletcher (STK), meanwhile, also bagged 13 goals last term and has three career opening day goals to his name – each were headers.
- Hot stat: The most resulted scorelines of these teams’ 53 H2H matches in all competition is 0-0 (18.87%) and 1-0 to Stoke (15.09%), with Stoke leading the record (W22, D14, L17).
|Head-to-head matches: MILLWALL – STOKE|
|11.01.20||CHA||Stoke||Millwall||0 : 0|
|26.10.19||CHA||Millwall||Stoke||2 : 0|
|27.04.19||CHA||Millwall||Stoke||0 : 0|
|22.12.18||CHA||Stoke||Millwall||1 : 0|
|05.01.07||FAC||Stoke||Millwall||2 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 1
Millwall – Stoke
Kick-off: September 12, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals