Monaco – Angers Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 01.05.2022
⚽ Monaco – Angers Predictions
Monaco – Angers Tips and Odds for May 1, 14:00 FRANCE: LIGUE 1.
Monaco – Angers Preview
- The Philippe Clement methods continue to produce results as Monaco’s 4-1 win against St-Étienne made it six consecutive Ligue 1 victories, leaving them just outside third spot on goal difference. Although four of Monaco’s last five wins were settled by only a single-goal margin, Clement praised his team’s mentality by saying that he is “happy with the attitude of the players”, a trait which has helped transform the team from mid-table also rans to Champions League hopefuls since his arrival.
- Monaco failed to win their first three league matches at home this season (D1, L2), but have secured victories in ten of their 14 home Ligue 1 fixtures since (D3, L1), with seven of those wins coming by a 2+ goal margin. The Stade Louis II has therefore been a happy hunting ground for the ‘Monégasques’ this season, a point further highlighted by the fact that only three sides have won more home points so far (34).
- This is proving to be a difficult end of season for visitors Angers, who have gradually relinquished a comfortable mid-table position to now be no longer assured of survival. A 2-2 away draw against fellow relegation contenders Clermont made it only one win from their last 13 Ligue 1 outings (D3, L9) and meant they sat just four points ahead of the relegation play-off spot after the last round of action.
- To stop that unenviable streak, Gérald Baticle’s side need to drastically improve away as Angers sit in the bottom four of the five-game away form standings (D2, L3). Holding onto a lead could be the difference between relegation and safety come May, as the ‘SCO’ boast the division’s second-worst average point return (1.25) after scoring first away this season (W2, D4, L2).
- Players to watch: Monaco’s Aleksandr Golovin could celebrate his 100th appearance in Ligue 1 with a fourth goal contribution in five matches (G1, A2), whilst Angers’ Angelo Fulgini has scored four of his five Ligue 1 goals this season away from home.
- Hot stat: Five of the previous six Ligue 1 H2Hs held here have featured a 1-0 scoreline at half-time either way.
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 35
Monaco – Angers
Kick-off: May 1, 14:00
Prediction: Home Win