Montpellier – Clermont Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 19.03.2023
⚽ Montpellier – Clermont Predictions
Montpellier – Clermont Predictions and Tips and Odds for March 19, 15:00 LIGUE 1.
Montpellier – Clermont Preview
- A dreadful run of just two wins in 14 league matches meant Montpellier had looked to be sleepwalking into the thick of a relegation battle, but an impressive five-match unbeaten run (W4, D1) since has opened up clear daylight to the drop zone. Three of those games were at home (W2, D1), including a thumping 5-0 win over Angers in their last Stade de la Mosson run-out, Montpellier’s biggest top-flight home win since 1990/91.
- While replicating that result seems highly unlikely, Montpellier may fancy their chances of securing back-to-back home league wins for the first time since December 2021. Boss Michel Der Zakarian’s impressive recent record against Clermont should only serve to boost belief that another home win awaits, with the Montpellier manager winning three of his last four personal H2Hs in the dugout (D1).
- If Montpellier come into this game on a high, Clermont almost certainly don’t, as one win from their last eight league outings (D3, L4) has all but ended any hopes they harboured of a European charge. It’s not all doom and gloom for the Lancers though, who after retaining their top-flight status in their first-ever Ligue 1 season last term, come into the round one point above their hosts in 12th place and on course to secure a better finish than their perilous 17th position of the last campaign.
- While things could have been so much better for Clermont this term, they could be about to get worse if boss Pascal Gastien’s record at Montpellier is anything to go by (L2). But with just two defeats from their last ten away league games (W4, D4), Gastien and his charges have been happy travellers recently as they continue to fight for a top-half finish.
- Key battle: Montpellier’s Elye Wahi likes to have the final say on proceedings, netting the last goal of the game with his previous four strikes. Clermont stopper Mory Diaw will be looking to keep him at bay and may fancy his chances of doing so with three clean sheets in his last five away league appearances.
- Hot stat: Clermont have failed to score in the first half in ten of their 13 away league games.
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 28
Montpellier – Clermont
Kick-off: March 19, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE