Montpellier – Reims Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 17.04.2022
⚽ Montpellier – Reims Predictions
Montpellier – Reims Tips and Odds for April 17, 14:00 FRANCE: LIGUE 1.
Montpellier – Reims Preview
- Stade de la Mosson plays host to a midtable Ligue 1 battle this weekend as Montpellier, who look too far back to mount a late run for a European qualification place this season, face Reims, who sit nine points clear of the bottom three ahead of the matchday and on course to secure a fifth-straight top-flight campaign. Under pressure Montpellier boss Olivier Dall’Oglio will be looking for a change in fortunes starting here, with his side winning just two of their prior nine league games (D1, L6).
- Those six losses form part of eight Ligue 1 defeats already in 2022, the joint-most in the competition, thanks to a 2-0 loss to Marseille last time out. ‘La Paillade’ also haven’t won any of their previous five league H2Hs (D2, L3), including the 3-3 reverse draw where they led twice, so experiencing more misery wouldn’t surprise here!
- Visiting Reims lost to Champions League hopefuls Rennes 3-2 last round, though they nearly fought back from being 3-0 down in the 59th minute as they continue to show grit this campaign. That result made it back-to-back Ligue 1 losses for Óscar García’s side, and they’ll now look to avoid losing three straight league outings for the first time this campaign.
- Garcia and his Reims side should, however, have some degree of confidence they’ll avoid that fate after their two convincing wins at the Stade de la Mosson over the last two seasons, which actually mark two of the four occasions they’ve hit four goals on the road in Ligue 1 this century! Yet they have also lost three of their last five away league outings ‘to nil’ (W2), and have failed to net more than twice in any away league fixture all season, albeit their two wins across that five-game stretch have come in their last three trips, including one at Monaco!
- Players to watch: Montpellier have won all seven league matches in which Stephy Mavididi (G8) has netted this campaign, whilst Reims’ Jens Cajuste scored his second goal for the club last time out, with both his strikes so far coming after the 80th minute.
- Hot stat: Just one of Reims’ last six away Ligue 1 matches saw both sides score.
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 32
Montpellier – Reims
Kick-off: April 17, 14:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE