Montreal Impact – Toronto FC Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips – 17.07.2020
⚽ Montreal Impact – Toronto FC Prediction
Montreal Impact – Toronto FC Tips and Odds. July 17, 01:00 USA: MLS – Group Stage.
Montreal Impact – Toronto FC Preview
- Montreal Impact and Toronto FC have not played out a draw in MLS football since the 2016 regular season (Montreal four wins, Toronto six), although Montreal might be relieved to take on a fellow Canadian team here, after failing to win a MLS match inside the USA for a ninth consecutive game last time out (D1, L8).
- The Impact were held scoreless for the first time in six MLS fixtures in their last match, whilst they are yet to secure a HT lead in 2020 (HT: D3). With just one goal scored or conceded inside the opening half hour this term, their matches have witnessed conservative starts.
- Montreal can draw inspiration from a season in which upsets have been plenty: match favourites have won just 42.11% of the opening 38 matches of the 2020 campaign (2019 average 55.11%), with the Impact themselves enjoying a W1, D1, L1 record as an outsider.
- Toronto are unbeaten in the first three rounds for a third time in four seasons, having opened the scoring three times, but will be gravely concerned after dropping two-goal leads and HT leads on two separate occasions already.
- The MLS Cup finalists are likely to trouble Montreal’s defence after scoring in 17 consecutive MLS matches, whilst accruing at least six total corners in six of their last nine fixtures.
- Players to watch: Maximiliano Urruti remains the only Montreal player to have scored in more than one MLS fixture this season. Meanwhile, Alejandro Pozuelo is pursuing his second goal of 2020, as well as his second from three MLS encounters with the Impact.
- Stat attack: Since the beginning of 2018, five of the seven competitive H2Hs produced two or fewer total goals.
- Montreal’s last six MLS fixtures each saw two or fewer total cards awarded.
- Toronto have not collected the most cards in any of their last four MLS matches.
- Hot stat: Favourites have won just 43.90% of MLS games this season, as of 11am Thursday (GMT), well down from the 55.11% seen last season and well below the averages seen in major European leagues in 2019/20 (PL: 53.24% / LL: 53.89% / SA: 55.18%). That number drops even further to 33.33% for the MLS is Back.
|Head-to-head matches: MONTREAL IMPACT – TORONTO FC|
|26.09.19||CHA||Toronto FC||Montreal Impact||1 : 1|
(1 : 0)
|19.09.19||CHA||Montreal Impact||Toronto FC||1 : 0|
|25.08.19||MLS||Toronto FC||Montreal Impact||2 : 1|
|14.07.19||MLS||Montreal Impact||Toronto FC||0 : 2|
|21.10.18||MLS||Montreal Impact||Toronto FC||2 : 0|
USA: MLS – Group Stage
Montreal Impact – Toronto FC
Kick-off: July 17, 01:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals