Nantes – Marseille Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 01.02.2023
⚽ Nantes – Marseille Predictions
Nantes – Marseille Predictions and Tips and Odds for February 1, 19:00 LIGUE 1.
Nantes – Marseille Preview
- It’s a sign of how bad Nantes’ start to the season was that even after seven successive clean sheets in all competitions, five of them in Ligue 1, they are still in a precarious position in the table with a goal difference of -3! The Canaries are finally flying in the right direction though, with a 0-0 draw at Clermont on Sunday meaning they have lost just one of their last ten league outings (W3, D6).
- Nantes boss Antoine Kombouaré described the stalemate at the weekend as “a good point,” but he may be aware that his side need to start picking up wins if they are to ensure their continued presence in the top flight. They might find that difficult here though, considering they have lost four of their last five meetings with visitors Marseille (D1), including a 2-1 defeat earlier in the campaign.
- The Phocaeans arrive at Stade de la Beaujoire on the back of a 1-1 draw with Monaco on Saturday, a result that ended a run of eight successive wins in all competitions! It was a result that left manager Igor Tudor furious, as he blasted a decision not to award Marseille a second-half penalty for a tackle on Sead Kolašinac as “unacceptable” and “inexplicable”.
- Their recent form has been accompanied by a surge up the table however, and Paris St-Germain’s stalemate with Reims on Sunday means Marseille are just five points off top spot ahead of the round. They are chasing an unlikely first title since 2009/10, with that quest aided by a defence that has conceded just seven away goals all season, a total only bettered by the league leaders, meaning they may prove a tough nut to crack here.
- Key battle: Nantes goalkeeper Alban Lafont has only picked up one win in 12 meetings with Marseille (D5, L6), with his three clean sheets all coming in 0-0 draws. If he wants to improve on that record he may need to thwart Dmitri Payet, who has netted four times in his last five fixtures against the Canaries (W4, D1).
- Hot stat: Stade de la Beaujoire has witnessed a joint-league low of 21 goals this season.
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 21
Nantes – Marseille
Kick-off: February 1, 19:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE