Nantes – Monaco Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 31.01.2021
⚽ Nantes – Monaco Predictions
Nantes – Monaco Tips and Odds. January 31, 21:00 FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 22.
Nantes – Monaco Preview
- Ligue 1 (L1) strugglers Nantes are on a 12-match winless run (D7, L5) with their last four fixtures all featuring under 2.5 goals. Interestingly, they’re amongst the division’s most fouled teams, as only Nîmes Olympique had witnessed an average of more opponents booked per game than their 2.29 ahead of the round.
- Despite battling relegation and tough-tackling opponents, the ‘Canaries’ have become hard to beat at home, drawing each of their last four L1 fixtures here and earning 66.67% of their league points as hosts. Ominously, however, they’ve won just one of the last eight competitive H2Hs here (W1, D2, L5) – and just one of the last 15 played anywhere (W1, D2, L12).
- Meanwhile, Monaco are mounting a challenge at the other end of the table having won each of their last four league games, impressively scoring 3+ goals on each occasion. In particular, their away league games have produced plenty of entertainment, with an average of 3.2 goals per fixture. and 80% of matches therein seeing a winner by a one-goal margin (W4, L4).
- Ahead of this matchday, only Olympique Lyonnais had earned more than Monaco’s average of 6.05 corners per fixture. They’ve made those opportunities count by scoring seven (50%) of their 14 goals in 2021 following a corner. Subsequently, Monaco have scored 19 set-piece goals (including penalties) this term – a league-high ahead of this round.
- Players to watch: With five league goals, Ludovic Blas is responsible for 25% of Nantes’ L1 strikes this term. Four of them came after the 60th minute, including one against Monaco in September. Also a potential late scorer, Monaco’s Guillermo Maripán has netted three times in four games, but has never bagged a L1 goal before the 40th minute.
- Hot stat: There have been eight penalties awarded (six scored, two missed) in Nantes’ last seven home games.
|Head-to-head matches: NANTES – MONACO|
|13.09.20||L1||Monaco||Nantes||2 : 1|
|25.10.19||L1||Nantes||Monaco||0 : 1|
|16.02.19||L1||Monaco||Nantes||1 : 0|
|11.08.18||L1||Nantes||Monaco||1 : 3|
|07.04.18||L1||Monaco||Nantes||2 : 1|
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 22
Nantes – Monaco
Kick-off: January 31, 21:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals