Napoli – Sassuolo Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 29.10.2022
⚽ Napoli – Sassuolo Predictions
Napoli – Sassuolo Predictions and Tips and Odds for October 29, 14:00 SERIE A.
Napoli – Sassuolo Preview
- A red-hot Napoli eased to a 3-0 UEFA Champions League win over Rangers on Wednesday, securing a 12th consecutive victory and earning them the plaudits of becoming the third Italian side to win their first five group games of a Champions League campaign. They’ve been almost unstoppable in the Serie A (SA) too with the unbeaten Neapolitans (W9, D2) topping the table after seven straight wins, including three over current top-five sides.
- Whilst these impressive performances have given fans licence to dream of winning the Scudetto after more than 30 years of pain, manager Luciano Spalletti would be keen to see his side not get carried away. With Liverpool in Europe and as well as league ties against three top-four hopefuls in waiting over the next five games, this could be the worst possible time for a slip in standards.
- The hosts will likely be aware of Sassuolo’s threat though, having dropped points against them in three of the last four SA H2Hs (D2, L1) despite winning 6-1 here last season. Sassuolo’s six-game recent form (W3, L3) has been middling so they’ll be eager to build on the 2-1 win over Verona in their last match which halted a two-game losing streak by the same scoreline.
- Sassuolo haven’t enjoyed travelling down south recently, winning just once in their previous ten visits to the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium (D2, L7). The Modena-based side managed to keep just one clean sheet during that run and considering Napoli’s current hot-scoring form this season (2.88 per game), it could require a huge effort to double that tally and secure a result which would strengthen Sassuolo’s current top-half league position (ninth).
- Players to watch: Napoli’s Giovanni Simeone scored a first-half brace on Wednesday and has netted three goals against Sassuolo, each time opening the scoring for his team of the day. Meanwhile, Sassuolo’s Andrea Pinamonti may look to scupper Napoli’s plans having netted a winning brace in his last game against them.
- Hot stat: Napoli have been level at the break in seven of their last nine SA games.
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 12
Napoli – Sassuolo
Kick-off: October 29, 14:00
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals