North Macedonia – Malta Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 23.03.2023
⚽ North Macedonia – Malta Predictions
North Macedonia – Malta Predictions and Tips and Odds for March 23, 20:45 EURO – QUALIFICATION.
North Macedonia – Malta Preview
- Having made their major tournament debut in Euro 2020, North Macedonia will hope to continue their improvement during their Euro 2024 campaign, where they’ll aim to qualify from a tricky-looking Group C containing Italy, England and Ukraine who are all ranked inside FIFA’s top-30. The big names likely won’t faze the hosts who defeated Italy enroute to reaching the 2022 World Cup qualification play-offs, but a solid start against the group’s lowest-ranked side in the group, Malta, will likely prove crucial.
- Coach Blagoja Milevski didn’t mince his words when he stated “we are better than Malta, but we have to prove it”, a bold statement which perhaps places added pressure on his side to perform here. He will hope opening their qualification campaign at Toše Proeski National Arena will prove a good omen for his side as North Macedonia have won their last three home European qualifiers (including play-offs).
- Malta are regulars in the qualifiers but are yet to make it to the finals of any major competition, which perhaps justifies why on paper they start this qualifying campaign with slim hopes of progression. It’s hard to find many silver linings for Malta, who have historically failed to excel on the Euro qualification front, losing a whopping 84% of their 112 Euro qualifiers.
- Such a poor record is largely due to their defensive generosity, with Malta conceding an average of 2.81 goals per game in Euro qualifiers. Things have notoriously been worse on the road for Malta, as the world’s tenth-smallest country by area have lost their last eight away Euro qualifiers ‘to nil’ including a 7-0 trouncing at the hands of Spain in their last such game.
- Players to watch: Enis Bardhi has directly contributed five of North Macedonia’s last eight goals (G4, A1) and will once again look to rally his side. The visitors may look to Teddy Teuma for inspiration, with the Royale Union SG midfielder scoring in his last two competitive club matches.
- Hot stat: North Macedonia have scored first in each of the six H2Hs (W5, D1) with four of the match openers arriving before half-time.
EURO – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 1
North Macedonia – Malta
Kick-off: March 23, 20:45
Prediction: Home Win
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE