Osasuna – Rayo Vallecano Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 04.09.2022
⚽ Osasuna – Rayo Vallecano Predictions
Osasuna – Rayo Vallecano Predictions and Tips and Odds for September 4, 13:00 SPAIN: LALIGA.
Osasuna – Rayo Vallecano Preview
- Having suffered relegation to Spain’s second division twice in four seasons between 2014 and 2017, fans of Osasuna would have feared the worst after a winless run of six La Liga (LL) games (D3, L3) to conclude the last campaign. However, a slightly sobering 1-0 defeat away at Real Betis on Friday shouldn’t dampen the optimism created by back-to-back wins to open the campaign, with Jagoba Arrasate’s side sitting handsomely in 7th after three gameweeks – their best start to a LL season since 2005.
- If Osasuna are to trump their 10th place finish from last campaign, then addressing their abject home record from last season must be prioritised. Los Rojillos’ 22 points from 19 games at El Sadar Stadium that term was the second lowest in the division, though the early signs are that Arrasate has acknowledged these drawbacks, with Osasuna winning their first two home games for the first time under his stewardship.
- Similar to their opponents, Rayo Vallecano had to contend with an underwhelming conclusion to their domestic season last year. Their promising start to this season (W1, D1, L1) has been somewhat hampered by boss Andoni Iraola’s public spat with president Raul Martin Presa over the potential signing of Diego Costa, creating unnecessary background noise as Vallecano go in search of back-to-back LL away wins after beating Espanyol in their last trip.
- That 2-0 win at Espanyol in gameweek two was remarkably just their third league victory since the turn of the calendar year, with a commendable 0-0 stalemate at the Camp Nou on matchday one preserving their unbeaten league run on the road this season. Iraola will recognise the necessity of channelling that momentum if they are to extend that travelling run in this game, though a poor recent H2H record in the league (D1, L3) threatens to bring it to a crashing halt.
- Players to watch: Argentinian forward Ezequiel Ávila likes to start fast, netting the opening goal in both of Osasuna’s first two fixtures, whilst Vallecano have won five of their last seven league fixtures when winger Alvaro García has found the net.
- Hot stat: Five of Vallecano’s last seven away league fixtures have seen fewer than two goals scored.
SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 4
Osasuna – Rayo Vallecano
Kick-off: September 4, 13:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals