Oxford Utd – Newcastle Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips – 04.02.2020
⚽ Oxford Utd – Newcastle Prediction
Oxford Utd – Newcastle Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips. February 4, 21:05. ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/16-finals.
Oxford Utd – Newcastle Preview
- Oxford United saw their four-match league winless run ended after a 2-1 win versus Blackpool on Saturday, meaning each of their previous four league wins have come by a one-goal margin. They possess the second-best first-half record in their division (W14, D7, L6), so it’s no shock that they’ve won 11 of 14 league encounters this season when scoring first.
- Karl Robinson’s team have lost just one of their past eight FA Cup ties, and they’ll be eager to continue their impressive record inside 90-minutes in domestic cup competitions in the 2019/20 campaign (W7, D5, L1). Also, ten of their last 15 in all competitions contained under 2.5 goals inside 90-minutes, suggesting this cup tie may not be one-sided.
- Premier League (PL) outfit Newcastle United are on a seven-match unbeaten run in all competitions, but five of those ended in draws. They scored first in four of those, which is key, as they’ve only lost two PL games this season when opening the scoring (W6, D2). However, they’ve lost five of six away in the PL when conceding the opener.
- One concern for Newcastle is no first-half goal for four matches running. Meanwhile, three of their last six goals conceded overall came after the 75th minute. Newcastle are also on a five-game winless run away in all competitions, keeping one clean sheet in their last 11 on the road.
- Players to watch: Marcus Browne has three goals in five appearances since rejoining Oxford on loan, all coming in home fixtures.
- Paraguayan poacher Miguel Almirón has two FA Cup goals for Newcastle in three games, both being scored before half-time.
- Stat attack: Oxford’s last three wins have each seen both teams score.
- Five of Newcastle’s last six PL away wins saw them keep a clean sheet.
- Three of Oxford’s previous four league matches saw a goal scored inside the first 20 minutes of play.
ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/16-finals
Oxford Utd – Newcastle
Kick-off: February 4, 21:05
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals