Peterborough – Blackburn Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 15.04.2022
⚽ Peterborough – Blackburn Predictions
Peterborough – Blackburn Tips and Odds for April 15, 15:00 ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP.
Peterborough – Blackburn Preview
- Relegation looks inevitable for Peterborough United as they sit nine points behind the Championship’s 21st-placed side with just five games remaining. No team has secured fewer wins (six) or conceded more goals (82) than them this term, although they fought admirably to secure a 1-1 draw at Bristol City on Saturday after going a man down.
- Likely needing to win at least four of those five matches to have any chance of staying up, they could take some inspiration from the last time they hosted a team pushing for the play-offs, when they drew 1-1 with Luton Town. There is firepower within the ‘Posh’ squad, as they’ve averaged 1.25 goals per game across their last four Championship home fixtures (D2, L2) but no clean sheet in their last six here (D2, L4) is concerning.
- Blackburn Rovers also drew 1-1 on Saturday after being held at home by Blackpool in what was a blow for their play-off hopes. With a number of teams challenging for a top-six finish, dropping more points could be very costly so manager Tony Mowbray won’t want a repeat of a performance he rated as “below our standard” against another side they’ll expect to beat.
- But as Rovers haven’t won an away league game since mid-January (D3, L5), and they’ve got two still to play after this one, picking up points on their travels is now essential if they’re to extend their season into late May. At least they’ve won the only two H2Hs here this millennium – both produced exactly five goals with the final goal coming after the 85th minute.
- Players to watch: Peterborough forward Jack Marriott has scored twice and collected two bookings across his last five league appearances, while Blackburn’s Bradley Dack has netted more often against Peterborough (six times) than vs any other opponent.
- Hot stat: There’s been just two goals in the first 15 minutes of Peterborough’s home league matches this term.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 42
Peterborough – Blackburn
Kick-off: April 15, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals