Poland – Italy Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 11.10.2020
⚽ Poland – Italy Predictions
Poland – Italy Tips and Odds. October 11, 19:45 UEFA Nations League – League A – Round 3.
Poland – Italy Preview
- Poland take on Italy in the UEFA Nations League (UNL) once again after a two year wait, winning just three of the previous 16 H2Hs (D7, L6). However, Poland have won six (L1) of their previous seven matches, with five seeing over 2.5 goals scored and four witnessing both teams hit the net. That said, nine of Poland’s last 13 matches have seen at least one team fail to score.
- On home soil, Poland are unbeaten in six matches (W5, D1), keeping a clean sheet four times. Each of the five matches that didn’t end goalless saw the hosts net first, and additionally, Poland scored at least one goal beyond the 76th minute in all five.
- All of Italy’s six prior UNL matches in history have seen under 2.5 goals scored (W2, D3, L1), including both UNL H2Hs (W1, D1). Each of those three matches won/lost ended 1-0, with the decisive goal arriving twice after the break, including Italy’s UNL win here.
- Conversely, eight of the visitors’ final nine matches during the Euro 2020 qualifying campaign saw 3+ goals scored, with Italy winning by at least three goals in the last three. Additionally, each of Italy’s last five wins have seen them lead at HT ‘to-nil’, including the win against Moldova in midweek.
- Players to watch: Kamil Grosicki (POL) netted a hat-trick inside the first half in midweek against Finland. He also scored a winner in the last UNL match (Sept 9).
- Meanwhile, Francesco Caputo (ITA) scored in the first half on his debut against Moldova in midweek, but all of his three league goals this season have arrived after the break.
- Hot stat: Roberto Mancini has won 15 of his 22 matches with Italy (68.18%). That is the highest percentage amongst ‘Azzurri’ coaches with at least 20 games under their belt.
|Head-to-head matches: POLAND – ITALY|
|14.10.18||UNL||Poland||Italy||0 : 1|
|07.09.18||UNL||Italy||Poland||1 : 1|
|11.11.11||FI||Poland||Italy||0 : 2|
|12.11.03||FI||Italy||Poland||1 : 3|
|30.04.97||WC||Italy||Poland||3 : 0|