Preston – Blackpool Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 05.04.2022
⚽ Preston – Blackpool Predictions
Preston – Blackpool Tips and Odds for April 5, 19:45 ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP.
Preston – Blackpool Preview
- As the off-field speculation around a potential takeover of Preston North End continues, their issues on the pitch are clear to see. A run of three scoreless league games for the first time in over a year (D1, L2) has all-but ended Preston’s hopes of a top-half finish, as they now seek to avoid a fourth straight scoreless Championship game for the first time since 2019.
- While Preston are a weakened force after defender Liam Lindsay was sent off in their 1-0 loss at Derby last time out, they will at least be happy to return to Deepdale, where they are unbeaten in 15 of their last 17 league games (W6, D9). Despite being priced as favourites in this clash due to that record, Preston are not the most reliable home league favourites recording just a 38% win-rate when fancied to oblige (W5, D5, L3).
- A 4-1 home defeat at the hands of Forest last time out just about ended Blackpool’s forlorn hopes of a top-six finish ahead of this Lancashire derby. Manager Neil Critchley was defiant in the aftermath, stating they were second-best only in “moments” during that game, and he’ll now hope the ‘Seasiders’ have a chance to have their day in the sun as they look to complete a first league H2H double since 1973/74 after winning 2-0 in the reverse fixture.
- Not typically strong travellers, Blackpool only managed to end an eight-game winless streak (D4, L4) of away league games with a 1-0 victory over Stoke in their latest trip. It appears to be defensive shortcomings that have let Blackpool down this season, as just two of the 18 sides to host them in competitive action have managed to stop Blackpool from scoring in 90 minutes.
- Players to watch: Preston’s current woeful scoreless run began following Emil Riis’ home winner against Bournemouth – the Dane has contributed to 40% of his side’s league goals this season (G13, A3). Only against Hartlepool (G5) has Blackpool’s Gary Madine scored more goals than against Preston (G4) – two of those scoring appearances contributed to 2-0 victories.
- Hot stat: A league-high 76% of Blackpool’s away games have seen both teams score.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 39
Preston – Blackpool
Kick-off: April 5, 19:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals