PSV – Olympiacos Piraeus Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 25.02.2021
⚽ PSV – Olympiacos Piraeus Predictions
PSV – Olympiacos Piraeus Tips and Odds. February 25, 21:00 Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals.
PSV – Olympiacos Piraeus Preview
- Beaten in half of their last eight competitive matches to see both teams score (W2, D2, L4), PSV are yet to draw a UEFA Europa League (UEL) proper fixture this season (W4, L3), with clean sheets between the 31st minute and FT in each win. Meanwhile, the three defeats saw PSV concede an average of 1.33 goals per game inside the first 15 minutes after the interval.
- In the Eredivisie, PSV are yet to draw a home league game this term (W10, L1). That dominant home record has fuelled PSV’s status as favourites. Interestingly, PSV have a win-rate of 64.53% as Eredivisie favourites (home/away) since the start of 2019/20.
- The first leg saw Olympiacos stun PSV 4-2, and stretch their run of unbeaten UEL second halves to four games (2H: W2, D2). A repeat of the 0-0 draw recorded in their last trip to the Netherlands (Nov 2009) would be sufficient, but a first-half defeat could spell trouble, as Olympiacos have lost every UEL away game (including qualifiers) where they have trailed at HT.
- A 2-0 defeat is the only ‘Under 2.5’ scoreline that would eliminate Olympiacos. However, despite grinding out a poor 1-1 home draw vs Aris at the weekend, Olympiacos have still seen seven of their last eight competitive matches produce over 2.5 goals, with the first scorer prevailing on all seven occasions.
- Players to watch: Olympiacos’ Andreas Bouchalakis (9’) and PSV’s Eran Zahavi (14’) exchanged the two opening goals in the high-octane first leg. The latter went on to complete a first-half brace, ensuring that six of his prior seven goals in the UEL proper have come during matches producing over 3.5 total goals.
- Hot stat: Including qualifiers, five of Olympiacos’ last six UEL away defeats have seen them trail by a one-goal margin at HT.
|Head-to-head matches: PSV – OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS|
|18.02.21||EL||Olympiacos Piraeus||PSV||4 : 2|
|24.07.18||CF||PSV||Olympiacos Piraeus||4 : 0|
Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals
PSV – Olympiacos Piraeus
Kick-off: February 25, 21:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals