Pyunik Yerevan – Crvena Zvezda Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 09.08.2022
⚽ Pyunik Yerevan – Crvena Zvezda Predictions
Pyunik Yerevan – Crvena Zvezda Predictions and Tips and Odds for August 9, 18:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION.
Pyunik Yerevan – Crvena Zvezda Preview
- Armenian champions Pyunik Yerevan will have to overcome a colossal 5-0 first-leg reversal against Serbian SuperLiga winners Red Star Belgrade if they are to secure a UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage spot. Whilst the hosts were unbeaten in their two previous away legs in UCL qualifying, their chastening defeat in Belgrade suggests – despite being the first Armenian side to reach the third round of qualifying – that it’s the end of the road for Yegishe Melikyan’s men.
- Pyunik will take confidence in an excellent nine-match unbeaten home run in the league last campaign that helped them land their 15th Armenian Premier League (W8, D1), conceding just four goals. The Akademiya will therefore need to channel every ounce of momentum gained from that fine domestic run if they are to achieve what would be a record-breaking (and unlikely) second-leg comeback in the UCL.
- Winners of the European Cup back in 1991, Red Star Belgrade have made a scintillating start to their domestic campaign – netting 17 times in just four matches – and will target another dominant scoreline against their hosts, after the prior leg marked these sides’ only ever previous encounter.
- Dejan Stanković’s men have been fast starters in the league so far. They are the only side in the SuperLiga to have netted the opening goal in all four matchweeks, conceding just the solitary strike in the process. Therefore expect an early onslaught from the away team on Tuesday evening as they look to kill any life this tie may have left in it, despite the temptation for coach Stanković to rest players considering the first-leg score.
- Players to watch: Pyunik’s slim chances of a result on the evening may rest with Bosnian striker Luka Juričić, with both of his goals in UCL qualifying coming in the second half. Meanwhile, new Red Star summer signing Osman Bukari netted a hat-trick in the reverse fixture last Wednesday – already eclipsing his goal tally last campaign for Nantes in Ligue 1.
- Hot stat: Nearly half (47%) of goals scored in Red Star Belgrade’s four league games this season have occurred in the 25th minute or before.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – SEMI-FINALS
Pyunik Yerevan – Crvena Zvezda
Kick-off: August 9, 18:00
Prediction: Away Win
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE