Qatar – Ireland Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 30.03.2021
⚽ Qatar – Ireland Predictions
Qatar – Ireland Tips and Odds. March 30, 19:45 Friendly International.
Qatar – Ireland Preview
- Rep. Ireland meet Qatar for the very first time, doing so on the back of a shameful shock defeat to Luxembourg on Saturday. They desperately need to regroup, but while this match will unfold on neutral turf, it is worth noting that Ireland haven’t beaten current FIFA top-60 opposition on foreign soil since October 2017, with a record of D5, L8 since from such matches.
- That said, Ireland’s complete record vs current AFC zone teams this century reads: W7, L2, with an average margin of 2.29 separating the teams across the wins. The ‘Boys in Green’ attained their most recent victory over an AFC-zone nation back in August 2016, when Robbie Brady opened the scoring in the eighth minute of a 4-0 victory vs Oman (HT: 3-0).
- Qatar conclude their trilogy of games in Debrecen with the biggest test by far, but they memorably avoided defeat in a double header of friendlies against UEFA nations currently ranked inside FIFA’s top-50 as recently as November 2018 (W1, D1). Qatar opened and closed the scoring in both games, netting the final goal beyond the hour mark (at 61’: D1, L1).
- Prior to their ongoing ‘tour’ of Debrecen, Qatar were winless in three friendly matches (D1, L2) – the only friendlies they played in 2020. All three saw them face sides currently ranked between #38-#52. Qatar trailed by one goal at the 40th minute mark in each of the defeats, across which both first halves saw the teams exchange the first two match goals.
- Players to watch: Shane Long played up front in the aforementioned 2016 win over Oman – both of his club-level goals this term have arrived between the 65th-70th minute. Qatar’s lower ranking provokes expectations of a defeat, but their star forward Almoez Ali has netted an equaliser (for ‘Goal 2’) in both of his nation’s last two friendly defeats vs top-60 ranked nations.
- Hot stat: Three of four halves played across Qatar’s two friendly defeats of 2020 produced over 1.5 goals.
Qatar – Ireland
Kick-off: March 30, 19:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals