QPR – Coventry Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 28.08.2021
⚽ QPR – Coventry Predictions
QPR – Coventry Tips and Odds. August 28, 15:00 ENGLAND: Championship.
QPR – Coventry Preview
- Despite conceding twice for the second Championship game running, Queens Park Rangers (QPR) came from behind to draw 2-2 with Barnsley and maintain their unbeaten start to the season (W2, D2). The last time they opened a league campaign without losing in their first four games (W3, D1) was back in 2013/14, a season which resulted in promotion.
- Goals have been a recent theme, with the four-goal thriller at Loftus Road last Saturday making it six of their last seven league encounters to feature over 2.5 goals, and five over 3.5. Slow starts have been common too, with eight of their previous ten conceded league goals at home arriving in the first half, although that shouldn’t put you off backing QPR, as they’ve scored 12 of their last 17 league goals here during the second half.
- After back-to-back wins, Coventry City now go in search of three consecutive league triumphs for only the second time in 2021. Three wins in their opening four Championship contests came despite a disrupted pre-season due to Covid-19. Despite that, two of the wins featured winning goals in injury time, suggesting that there’s at least no fitness issues in the camp.
- Taking into account last season, the ‘Sky Blues’ have won three of their last five away league contests (D1, L1), having won only two of the 20 Championship away fixtures prior to winning promotion (D5, L13). Boss Mark Robins has also lost on all four of his managerial trips to QPR across three different clubs, conceding an average of 3.50 goals.
- Players to watch: QPR haven’t lost in their previous 11 Championship games when Ilias Chair has scored; seven were home victories (W8, D3). Although Coventry’s Martyn Waghorn hasn’t scored yet for his new club, he has netted in two of his last four appearances versus QPR.
- Hot stat: QPR have scored in every Championship game since a 1-0 home defeat to Huddersfield Town last March, a 15-game run (W9, D3, L3).
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 5
QPR – Coventry
Kick-off: August 28, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals